1. In recent years, there have been some major data breaches that were investigated and solved using network forensics. When conducting a network forensic investigation, how important is the time it takes to gather in the evidence? Why is this such a critical element of the investigation? (200 words or more)
For this assignment, you will further explore this concept. Compose an essay detailing the importance of network forensics. In your essay, you should explain the following:
- the importance of network forensics;
- mistakes that can be made during investigations and how to avoid them; and
- the types of evidence that can be found on a client computer related to network activity
Your essay must be at least three pages in length, not counting the title and reference pages, and you must include an introduction section. Please provide a minimum of two scholarly references to support your assignment, one of which may be your textbook. Adhere to APA Style when creating citations and references for this assignment.
3. You work as a forensic investigator for the local police department. You have a friend who is having marital issues. Your friend says her spouse may be using his smartphone to chat with other women. Your friend says she has his phone, but it is locked with a password or personal identification number (PIN). She wants you to use your forensic skills to gain access so she can divorce him and take everything. What would be the legal implications of you breaking the password of the phone and giving your friend unrestricted access to her spouse’s phone? Is this something you would consider doing?