1. write one page that discusses the elements listed below.
- Define and explain digital forensics in your own words.
- Explain the difference(s) between data and metadata.
- Explain the necessity for duplicates of evidence.
- Describe how the hash value produced by EnCase Imager compares to the value produced by FTK Imager.
- Describe how the hash value produced by E3 Commander compares to the value produced by FTK Imager.
Remember to include an introduction for the written portion of the paper. APA formatting is required, and citations and references for any paraphrased material should be present. A minimum of one reference is required for your assignment (it can be the textbook).
2. As a favor, imagine that you are examining a family member’s computer to recover an important deleted file. During your examination, you find a large cache of hidden folders containing disturbing and illegal images. You and the family member have been very close since childhood. Discuss the moral and ethical issues you might face as a licensed digital forensic investigator working in law enforcement having to deal with this situation. What if the person were a stranger instead of a family member? What would you do then? (2 paragraphs minimum)
3. Discuss whether you believe law enforcement investigates computer crimes with the same degree of zeal and importance as other major crimes. Do you think computer criminals are more difficult to bust than drug rings or terrorists? Why, or why not? Have you read or experienced anything that influences your opinion one way or the other? (2 paragraphs minimum)