ENG 125 Week 5 Assignment Final Paper
Tomorrow at 9 AM
Help me to write journal
the first file guidlines to show u how to do it
the 2nd file example to journal
the last file the material should write the journal about
Definition of Race
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper discussing the current view that race is a social construction supported by political realities. Include the following: How does this view compare with the traditional, biological view of race? How did the traditional view assist or inhibit the assimilation of underserved groups into the overall American majority? Which approach – assimilation, melting pot, fusion and/or pluralism – matches most closely to the new definition of race in contemporary America? Which definition of race do you support? Why?
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines, and include at least two sources in addition to the textbook.
Submit your paper to the Assignment Files tab.
Need Other Tutorials For SOC 262 ?
You may click on the links below to go to respective tutorial. · SOC 262 Week 1 Assignment ( Definition of Race )
· SOC 262 Week 2 Assignment ( Discrimination, Prejudice, Racism, and Stereotyping )
· SOC 262 Week 2 Assignment ( White Privilege and Colorism )
· SOC 262 Week 3 Assignment ( Native American Group )
· SOC 262 Week 3 Assignment ( Student Autobiography Worksheet )
· SOC 262 Week 4 Assignment ( The Latino Hispanic Ethnic Group )
· SOC 262 Week 5 Assignment ( Asian-Americans )
· SOC 262 Week 5 Assignment ( The Nature of Racial and Ethnic Relationships in the U.S. Today )
1 page for (El fandanguito) music:
Include the title, the name of the composer and of the performer. Identify the instrument or instruments that stand out and mention anything that you noticed about how they were played (mánicos, plucking, bowing). Describe the singing style. Provide a summary of the lyrics and point out any significant details.
There are certain big questions that philosophers have been puzzling over for centuries. Amazingly, many people ask these same questions in daily life. Reflect on these questions as related to each of the 6 branches of philosophy below. Write an APA-formatted essay of 3–4 pages explaining each of the 6 branches, describing a time in your life when you have asked similar questions. Discuss the specific circumstances that brought you to each question, and your conclusions.
The questions are as follows:Metaphysics:What is real?Is the physical world more or less real than the spiritual or psychological world?Is there such a thing as a soul? If so, how does it survive outside of a physical body?Do all people have free will, or are their lives determined by fate?Epistemology:How is anything known?What is the basis for knowledge? Is it innate reason, experience, or something else?Is all knowledge subjective, or are there some universal truths?What is the relationship between faith and reason?What can artificial intelligence teach people about knowledge?What are the limits of human understanding?Ethics:What is the right thing to do?What does it mean to be a “good person”?Does virtue lead to happiness?Do the ends justify the means, or is a virtuous action virtuous in and of itself?How does living in a society affect morality?Is morality culturally based or individually based, or is there a universal morality?Aesthetics:What is beautiful?Is beauty truly in the eye of the beholder, or are there some things that all cultures find beautiful?What is the purpose of art?How can a piece of art be successful or valuable? Does beauty matter?Political philosophy:What is the best kind of government?How much power should the government have?What kind of people should be in power?How involved should the common citizen be in government?Social philosophy:How should humans behave in a society?Do people give up certain rights when they choose to live in a society?How do social values affect individual beliefs? Do people behave differently in a crowd than they would individually?How does society affect language and other types of communication?
I attached an artical. I want you to do 2 things. First page, Write a summary about the artical (third person). Second page, Write an application. The application should discuss how the information from your reading could be applied by the student to his/her own classroom situatuin. This discuss should be related to how you would or would not incorporate this information in a way that inhances your teaching and why or why not.
Answer the questions:
Preview of the Answer.
Manufacturers should be liable in determining the amount of information regarding goods that other manufacturers can share with the consumers. Notably, the duty care theory implies that the producers and the consumers are not at the same level whereby the interests of the latter are at risk. This perception is based on the fact that the manufacturer has expertise and knowledge that the consumer is unaware about. The producer is in the best position to provide information regarding a product, for instance, the safety of a product. Considerably, the government can be liable to such jurisdiction. However, their ability.
595 Words Added to cart
1) Customer service involves maximizing __________ and __________ utilities to the firm’s suppliers, intermediate customers, and final customers.
a. time, possession
b. possession, form
c. form, place
d. place, time
e. place, possession
2) Obsolescence, pilferage, and product damage would be examples of which component of inventory carrying costs?
a. capital costs
b. inventory risk costs
c. inventory service costs
d. opportunity costs
e. storage space costs
3) Efficient consumer response (ECR) would include all of the following strategies except :
a. continuous replenishment of inventory and flow through distribution
b. cooperative relationships between manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, and customers
c. greater use of point-of-sale data obtained by greater and more accurate use of bar coding
d. implementation of electronic data interchange (EDI) up and down the supply chain
e. increasing use of special deals and promotions to encourage larger purchases
4) If demand and lead time are constant, only __________ is necessary.
a. associated stock
b. cycle stock
c. safety stock
d. speculative stock
e. seasonal stock
5) The fixed order point, fixed order quantity model:
a. compares current inventory with forecast demand and places an order for the necessary quantity at a regular specified time
b. places an order where the inventory on hand an on order reaches a predetermined minimum level required to satisfy demand during the order cycle
c. uses multiple regression analysis that compares current inventory with forecast demand
d. places an order based on environmental scanning of competitors’ inventories
e. none of the above
6) Assuming the annual inventory carrying cost is equal to 25%, the annual demand is equal to 5,000 units, the ordering cost is equal to $20 and the average cost or value of one unit of inventory is $200, then the economic order quantity (EOQ) would be calculated to be:
a. 124 units
b. 86 units
c. 200 units
d. 63 units
e. 50 units
7) All of the following are assumptions of the EOQ except :
a. constant and known rate of demand
b. consistent lead time
c. no stockouts allowed
d. capital availability is limited
e. no inventory in transit
8) Inventory carrying costs generally include:
a. capital costs
b. inventory service costs
c. inventory risk costs
d. the fixed costs associated with a company-owned warehouse
e. A, B, and C only
9) Assume that a company has sales of $750,000 (measured at cost, not sales price). Also assume that the firm’s inventory turn is equal to 2 and the inventory carrying costs are equal to 40%. If inventory turns were increased from 2 to 4, this would result in decreasing inventory carrying costs by:
e. none of the above are correct
10) Increasing inventory turns beyond the optimum level may:
a. improve corporate profitability
b. increase average inventory
c. increase other logistics costs
d. B and C only
e. A, B and C
11) Which of the following activities would not be included within reverse logistics?
a. finished goods distribution
c. product and packaging reuse
d. salvage and scrap disposal
e. waste disposal
12) Which of the following statements about just-in-time (JIT) is FALSE?
a. JIT helps to reduce manufacturing cycle times
b. JIT has been defined as a philosophy that centers on the elimination of waste in the manufacturing process
c. JIT seeks to eliminate non-value-added activities
d. JIT helps a firm to reduce its overall material costs
e. JIT programs usually do not impact inventory turnover rates
13) Which of the following is not a benefit associated with successful implementation of MRP systems?
a. better manufacturing control
b. higher inventory turnover ratio(s)
c. more accurate and timely information
d. reduction in purchasing costs due to fewer orders being placed
e. work force overtime is minimized
14) Which transport mode is characterized by fast time-in-transit, moderate availability, high consistency of service, low loss and damage rates, and low to moderate flexibility with respect to meeting customer needs?
15) An international intermodal service in which foreign cargo crosses a country en route to another country (e.g., Europe to US via ocean, across US by rail, and US to Japan via ocean) is referred to as:
e. none of the above answers are correct
16) Benefits to a carrier of improved routing and scheduling include all of the following except :
a. greater vehicle utilization
b. higher levels of customer service
c. lessening of competition
d. lower transportation costs
e. reduced capital investment in equipment
17) Which of the following conditions would not indicate that cross-docking should be considered?
a. inventory destination is unknown at the time products are received
b. customer is ready to receive inventory immediately
c. some inventory is time sensitive
d. inventory arrives at firm’s receiving docks prelabeled
e. firm’s distribution center is near capacity
18) Which of the following would not be considered an advantage of public warehousing over private warehousing?
a. conservation of capital
b. minimization of labor disputes
c. knowledge of costs for storage and handling
d. degree of control exercised by owner of the products
e. ability to increase warehouse space to cover peak requirements
19) The macro approach that locates a warehouse or distribution center at a point that minimizes transportation costs for products moving between a manufacturing plant and the markets, and is relatively simplistic, is:
a. center of gravity approach
b. Hoover’s model
c. Von Thunen’s model
d. Weber’s model
e. none of these are macro location approaches
20) Which of the following would be an example of a warehouse productivity measure?
a. cases handled per labor hour
b. percent of pallets filled in a warehouse
c. ratio of capacity used to available capacity
d. actual return on assets employed versus budgeted return on assets employed
e. employee-hours worked versus employee-hours available
21) Reasons for engaging in forward buying include:
a. delay the impact of rising costs
b. decrease the firm’s average cost of capital in the short-run
c. provides protection against future anticipated shortages
d. A and C only
e. A, B and C
22) The objectives of stockless purchasing include all of the following except:
a. lower inventory levels
b. reduce administrative cost and paperwork
c. increase the number of suppliers
d. provide for timely delivery of material directly to the user
e. standardize purchase items where possible
23) The international market entry strategy that requires the least amount of knowledge about foreign markets and minimizes risk to the domestic firm is:
c. joint ventures
24) Which international channel strategy has a major drawback (weakness), the potential that the foreign firm with whom your company works, could become a future direct competitor?
c. direct ownership
25) The term that applies to the requirement that a firm import something from a country in which it has sold something else is:
b. duty drawback
c. free trade
d. import quotas
e. maquiladora operation
26) When the terms of shipment are “CIF (Cost, Insurance, Freight) at Port of Destination,” the seller is responsible for all costs of the shipment except :
a. forwarders’ and consular fees
b. inland freight
c. loading on vessel or plane
d. ocean freight
e. port charges
27) Which of the following statements about the cost and service considerations in global logistics is FALSE?
a. The distances involved are much longer.
b. Most international freight (measured by weight) moves by air.
c. Order completeness is much more important.
d. There are higher costs associated with shipping errors than in domestic logistics.
e. None of the above statements are FALSE.
28) Control over logistics costs can be accomplished by:
a. standard costs
b. absorption costing
c. productivity standards
d. A and C only
e. A, B and C
29) The order cycle time is the time that elapses between:
a. the customer’s order placement and the time the customer receives the product
b. the company receiving the order and the time the customer receives the product
c. the customer’s order placement and the time the company ships the product
d. the company receiving the order and the time the company ships the product
e. none of the above
30) What type of distribution is usually appropriate for most convenience goods, such as chewing gum?
a. measured distribution
b. selective distribution
c. exclusive distribution
d. intensive distribution
e. none of the above
31) Demand for an item increases 20 percent, and the value of each unit increases 20 percent. What is the effect on EOQ (assuming everything else remains the same)?
a. EOQ increases 10 percent
b. EOQ increases 20 percent
c. EOQ decreases 10 percent
d. EOQ decreases 20 percent
e. EOQ stays the same
32) A company has four geographically-dispersed distribution centers. The company plans to consolidate its inventories into a single, centrally-located facility. Their aggregate inventory in the four distribution centers is 100,000 units. How much inventory will need to be stored in the proposed single facility?
a. 10,000 units
b. 25,000 units
c. 50,000 units
d. 75,000 units
e. 100,000 units
33) Using the fixed order quantity model under conditions of certainty, which is the reorder point if lead time is a constant 5 days , and yearly demand is 10,000 units (assume 250 working days in the year)?
34) A company’s average cost of inventory is $300,000. Inventory is ordered two times a year at a total reordering costs of $500. The cost of carrying inventory is 15 percent per year. What is the company’s annual inventory carrying cost?
35) A company’s annual sales at inventory cost is $1,000,000, transportation costs are $100,000 and average inventory investment is $250,000. What is the turnover ratio for the company?
a. 25 percent
c. 10 percent
e. none of the above
36) Product A has an expected number of units out of stock annually of 2,000 and the total demand for the product is 20,000 units. What is the service level for this product?
b. 10 percent
c. 90 percent
e. none of the above
37) Any governmental unit or authority at any level that owns, operates, or otherwise provides wharf, dock, and other terminal facilities at port locations refers to:
a. country government
b. a maritime unit
c. a free trade zone
d. a port authority
e. none of the above
38) The current US Secretary of Transportation is:
a. Rodney Slater
b. Michael Jackson
c. Norman Mineta
d. Jane Garvey
e. Lloyd McClendon
39) What principle for materials handling suggests that high-volume items should be stored at the shortest distance?
a. storage principle
b. height principle
c. popularity principle
d. distance principle
e. simplification principle
40) According to the current CLM definition of logistics, the relationship between logistics and supply chain is:
a. they are synonymous
b. supply chain is a part of logistics
c. logistics is a part of supply chain
d. they are antonyms
e. they are both part of the marketing channel
1. The first paper is the film criticism essay , based in large part on the Corrigan text, in which you will write with some depth on a film we screen in class or outside. Minimum 7-8 pages. FILM NAME IS ( The Best Years of Our Lives )
This first paper is both an analysis and an emotional reaction to a film or films we’ve seen in class so far. I do not want or need any kind of long synopsis and brief explanations of scenes or themes you’re analyzing is all you need. Assume your reader has seen all these films. Unlike the research paper, I value a deeper attachment to your filmic subject. Read James Agee’s critique of The Best Years of Our Lives under the Content folder on BB and you’ll see how his personal style changed the nature of film criticism in the 1940s. Later, Pauline Kael followed with her very personal but sometimes caustic style that also changed film criticism starting in the 1960s. You can also do a textual analysis of one film that we’ve seen in class or a related film of the periods we’ve studied.
Go to an Indian restaurant for a meal, and look around. Consider the decor, the artwork, the music (if there’s music playing), the aroma, and of course the food! Does the preparation of the food or even the ingredients suggest something about the culture or region where the cuisine originated?
At www.ukbestessays.net, we help students cope with college assignments and write papers on a wide range of topics. We deal with academic writing, creative writing, and technical assignments.
Send us an email:
SMS or WhatsApp:
+1 (940) 905 5542