FOLLOW THE FORMAT AND GUIDELINES THE TOPIC IS MEDICAL MARIJUANA
INFORMATIVE SPEECH OUTLINE
The purpose of this outline is to help you and your partner organize your thoughts and ideas into a single, structured outline and speech. It will help you arrange and format your main points and sub-points so that your speech is clear to your audience. Your Informative Speech Outline is worth 50 points. You will receive one grade for the outline. Your outline should be typed, double-spaced, 12 point font. You should have a minimum of 3 main points and a maximum of 5 main points. It should be written in APA format and have a minimum of 5 references; those references should be typed and listed on a separate page. Do not forget to submit your outline through BB.
Your outline should follow the format on the following pages; it should be clean and easy to read/follow. I will grade your outline for both content and format. I will grade what you say, how you organize what you say, and your grammar, spelling, and punctuation (G/S/P). I will grade how you use evidence and implement it into the outline. I will also grade how closely you follow proper outline format and subordination. (Do your main points align? Are your sub-points consistent?) I will review that all 5 references are listed in-text as well as on the reference page. It is a full sentence outline so that I can read what you will present to the class on your speech day.
A title page is not necessary. This outline is graded for both content and format. I will mark down for grammar, spelling, and punctuation mistakes. I will evaluate the main points you make in your outline, how you support your main points with evidence/examples (sub-points), and I will grade how you say it (G/S/P). Your outline should be logically organized; it should include appropriate and not overwhelming evidence and information. You should utilize an approved organization pattern (topic, time, space, cause and effect, problem-solution).You should always proofread your assignment at least twice- once for content and once for format. Remember that proofreading can only improve your grade.
In this outline, you will learn the following Student Learning Objectives:
1. Choose and narrow a topic appropriately for this audience.
2. Generate a well-reasoned argument for this specific audience.
3. Assess the strength of relative arguments and supporting evidence.
4. Make connections between the material and your own lives and experiences.
5. To learn about a new culture and how to become more culturally aware.
6. Create content formatted to an approved organizational pattern appropriate to time and purpose.
7. To use correct Grammar, Punctuation, and Spelling.
8. Develop a well-crafted, specific thesis statement.
9. To effectively utilize the rule of subordination.
10. To appropriately demonstrate the rule of division.
11. To understand and incorporate the rule of parallel wording.
12. To work with another student and create a professional presentation.
General Purpose: To inform
A. Attention Gainer
B. Reason to Listen
C. Speaker Credibility
D. Thesis Statement
E. Preview Main Points
A. Main Point # 1
1. (Sub-Point # 1)
2. (Sub-Point # 2)
B. Main Point # 2
1. (Sub-Point # 1)