A Bloomberg Businessweek subscriber study asked, “In the past 12 months, when traveling for business, what type of airline ticket did you purchase most often?” A second question asked if the type of airline ticket purchased most often was for business, leisure or other reasons for travel. Responses from 195 survey participants were recorded in the file Travel.
Complete the following tasks:
- Introduction: Describe the motivation for this research. In other words, why would it be important to analyze this topic of research?
- Develop an appropriate graph that summarizes the data set and discuss any insights the graph reveals about the data.
- Perform the following calculations:
- What is the probability that a randomly selected traveler is traveling for work-related purposes?
- What is the probability that a randomly selected traveler is traveling for Leisure and purchased a First Class ticket?
- What is the probability that a randomly selected traveler is traveling for Other reasons or purchased an Economy Class ticket
- What is the probability that a randomly selected traveler purchased a Business Class ticket given they are traveling for Work-related reasons?
- Is there any evidence of statistical dependence between the two variables: Ticket Type and Travel Reason?
- Summarize and compare your results (from part 3.) and make appropriate suggestions and/or discuss any shortcomings of this research.
|First Class||Business Class||Economy|