Application: Critical Analysis II
Week 6 involved the identification of several causes and effects of your identified problem/issue. This Application Assignment requires that you integrate the top four causes and effects into a critical analysis narrative. A critical analysis narrative includes a thorough discussion of each cause (fully describe the source) and its effects (fully describe who is impacted and how). Following the description of all four causes and effects, a critical analysis narrative ends with a final paragraph that briefly summarizes the four causes and your reaction to the relationship between these causes and the development of the problem/issue.
- Review Chapter 9 in the course text, Asking the Right Questions.
- Review the list of identified causes and effects that you generated in Week 6.
- Review the “Critical Analysis Template” (located in the Resources area on the left navigation bar), paying particular attention to the components of the critical analysis narrative.
- Analyze causes and effects of a problem/issue.
- Apply research to critical analysis of problem/issue.
- Integrate causes/effects into a critical analysis narrative.
In 2-3 pages, respond to the following:
- Identify the four causes and effects you have selected to incorporate into an integrated critical analysis narrative.
- Write an integrated critical analysis narrative that incorporates the four causes and effects you identified.
- Explain your reaction to the results of your critical analysis. Could these causes have been prevented? Which one do you think was most important in leading to the problem?