Self-reflection is a critical tool for personaldevelopment. Reflection identifies opportunities for growth and change. Reflection improves our analysis skills. Reflection also encourages us make an honest appraisal of our achievements and give ourselves credit for well done work. This is important.
The topic for this reflection is how you applied the writing and soft skills to create yourargumentative research essay project with APA formatting. This was by far the most challenging of the writing projects throughout the semester: the goal of the project was to strengthen your understanding and application of the writing process.
The nature of the project required you to apply your writing skills, critical thinking skills, research skills, argument analysis and development skills, and APA formatting skills to meet your end goal: a completed academic argument.
To reach the end goal, soft skills required by any employer were put to the test: strong time management, the ability to work independently, goal setting, and attention to detail.
So it’s time to reflect and share your thoughts on the following:
Tell how the skills of time management, goal setting, and attention to detail along with the ability to work independently are useful in your profession. How did this project challenge these skills?
Analyze how you handled the academic argumentative essay project:
- Describe what you are most proud of in this project and why.
- Describe what you would do differently if you could start over.
- What writing skills did you strengthen while working through this project? (brainstorming, thesis development, identifying supporting ideas, paragraph development, organizing information, research, paraphrasing, argument logic, revision, editing)
- What writing skills do you need to work on in the future? (brainstorming, thesis development, identifying supporting ideas, paragraph development, organizing information, research, paraphrasing, argument logic, revision, editing)
- Describe what skills used in this project are transferable to your career field. (time management, writing process, research, organization of information, revision, editing, attention to detail, problem solving, ability to work independently, etc.)
- What advice would you give a student who begins a research project?
- What hand-outs, videos, or examples were the most helpful to you and why?
- What hand-outs, videos, or examples were the least helpful to you and why?
Videos and handouts:
Use videos provided in the last Gun Rights Argument Essay as well as the following links to answer questions 7 & 8.