Due Week 5 and worth 80 points
Effective communication skills are essential in the workplace. Some
businesses invest in training their employees on how to effectively
communicate, because effective communication skills go beyond
conversations. Employees must know how to express business issues
effectively when writing reports and emails. Understanding the benefits
of effective communication helps businesses to develop a workforce that
is able to communicate effectively with coworkers, customers, and
suppliers and increase productivity.
Write a one to two (1-2) page paper in which you:
- Describe a time when you experienced effective communication in a business environment.
- Discuss at least three (3) reasons why you perceived the
communication to be effective, and explain the resulting impact to the
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA
or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the
student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required
assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the elements that foster effective communication in business.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business.
- Write clearly and concisely about business issues using proper writing mechanics.