- Each answer should be about 100-125 words.
- Do not use quotations. Instead, synthesize/paraphrase the author.
- No bibliography needed. If necessary, use endnotes for references, and use MLA citation.
- Submission format: .doc or .pdf
- You will be assessed on: engagement with the reading material of the class, clarity and completeness of your answer, and thoughtfulness of your overall response.
1) When Manfred Stegar talks about the four â€œpillarsâ€ of Global Studies, how does he relate aspects of â€œspace and timeâ€ to territory and sovereignty?
The four pillars of global studies presented by Manfred Stegar are: globalization, transdisciplinarity, space and time, and critical thinking.
2) Describe one of the main debates as outlined by Giles Gunn (Hyperglobalists, Skeptics, Transformationalists), and how you agree and/or disagree with this stance on globalization.
3) As described by Dilip Hiro, how is slavery an example of glocalization?
4) Describe one positive and one negative aspect of the thirteenth-century Mongol empire. Why might these be considered positive or negative?