- Reaction paper must be a minimum of 3 pages (can be double spaced).Please follow standard APA formatting and citing if you choose to cite anything from the book.
- Although it’s a reaction paper, please remember not to make the reaction paper too informal (it’s a formal paper not a discussion board response or an email!).Remember to include an introduction, move into the body of your response, include a conclusion, etc.These are basic components of a formal essay/paper and are good practice for you!
Things to Think About:
- What are the key areas of the addiction impacted the author’s life?Were there any areas impacted (or not) that surprised you?
- What are the key areas that stood out to you from the counselor or service provider perspective?
- What would have been difficult for you to address if she had been your patient?
- What are your overall impressions of the story, was it beneficial to your learning of alcohol and substance abuse issues?