Product (or brand) placement is the intentional placement of brands within entertainment vehicles such as movies, television programs, music videos etc. Here are some links to articles on product placement in movies, television, books, and music videos (please read the articles linked to to get a better understanding of this topic). Based on your understanding of personality and perception related issues in consumer behavior, answer this multi-part question:
- Briefly describe the advantages and disadvantages of product placement.
- What personality related characteristics (from Chapter 3) may lead to certain consumers being influenced (more than others) by product placements within movies, television programs, and other entertainment media?
- What concepts addressed in Chapter 4 (Consumer Perception) are applicable/relevant in the context of product placements?
• Do a quick re-read of these chapters to spot areas where you think product placement may be relevant.
• The total length of the paper should be 2-3 pages single spaced, excluding references. There is no restriction on the length for each part of the question.
• Please cite any external sources used.