Requirements, are they needs, wants or both?
As a member of a team, you worked on the building of the elicitation and collaboration knowledge area. Use what you learned and apply that to your project.
- Click on the message or email from your instructor on what requirement changes are being introduced into your personal project.
- Explain how you would use the elicitation process of prepare, conduct/observe, confirm, and communicate in regards to your personal project.
- Make sure you update your requirements document with what you believe the results would be after the elicitation process.
- Describe how you would manage your stakeholders during this process?
- Which stakeholders would you include in this overall process?
On a daily basis, Business Analysts work with requirements. What exactly do they do with requirements?
- Read Chapter 5 (Strategy Analysis) of the IIBA Book.
- Go to Lynda.com and re-watch Gathering Requirements and watch Analyzing Requirements and Specifying Requirements from the Developing Project Requirements course.
- Read the article – An Algorithm for Requirement Analysis.
- Read the article – 3 Lessons Business Analysts can Learn from Product Managers
- Watch the video Requirements gathering – funny
- Research modern analyst.com and provide an article on gathering requirements and be ready to talk about your findings during the class discussion,
For your task, submit the deliverable for your personal project. Include the following:
- Submit the elicitation process of prepare, conduct/observe, confirm, and communicate in regards to your personal project as an additional page in your requirements document.
- Be sure to add a description on how you would manage your stakeholders during this elicitation process and which stakeholders you would include in this elicitation process for the change.