Employers should have methods of assessing the effectiveness of any training program as well as the overall performance of their employees. Assessments provide beneficial information that can be used to make necessary revisions to training programs or curricula. They also provide information used to help make important decisions for employee growth.
In this assignment, you will create a presentation in which you propose strategies for assessing a training program’s effectiveness. This includes information about both the assessment methods and the data collection methods. As a reminder, assessment methods are used to determine how well learners retain knowledge and are able to master objectives based on content. Data collection methods are used to collect feedback on the effectiveness of training.
You are to create a 10–15 slide presentation in which you:
- STEP 1: Identify two assessment methods you can use to gauge learner mastery of content.
- List the components, challenges, and benefits of each assessment method.
- Align each assessment method to one of your objectives to show how the results demonstrate learner mastery.
- STEP 2: Compare data collection methods you can use to evaluate your training program.
- Analyze the components, challenges, and benefits of each data collection method.
- Identify at least five key questions when assessing the effectiveness of the training program.
- Analyze two data collection methods (tools) you could use to evaluate your training program. Some examples of data collection methods include interviews, surveys, observations, and focus groups.
- STEP 3: Write a two-slide summary in which you choose one of the two assessment methods above, one data collection method, and explain how trainees will be evaluated.
- Summarize your rationale for choosing your assessment method including the challenges and benefits.
- Summarize your rationale for the data collection tool you selected including the ease of implementation of the tool.
- Summarize how you will evaluate training for trainees.
Be sure to support your rationale with scholarly research by using three sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The library is your home for SWS assistance, including citations and formatting. Please refer to the Library site for all supports. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Propose strategies for assessing a training program’s effectiveness.