I chose Netflix for this assignment
- Due DateMonday, September 4, 20239:00 AMPoints Possible265
- Week 9 Assignment – Challenges in the Business Environment
Changing, or even stating, a company’s values can be a long and arduous process, but it often pales in comparison to the effort it takes to make sure they are honored, implemented and projected. In this assignment, you evaluate how well your chosen company from the first assignment has done in “walking the talk” and responding to a social issue.
Review your chosen company’s mission and values statements as well as other sources that provide insight into the company’s values with regard to social responsibility. Pick two of their primary values and research how the company manifests those values. Simple examples might be the commitment to workplace diversity or ecological sustainability.
Create a 3–5-minute (approximately 6–8 slides) PowerPoint presentation that evaluates how well the company embodies its issue-related values. Your presentation should contain detailed speaker’s notes that flesh out and support main points, ideas, or conclusions and have supporting citations.
- Summarize your chosen company’s Supplier Responsibility information.
- In your own words, explain how each aspect of your Supplier Code of Conduct is committed to ethical business practices and social responsibility.
- Discuss your company’s stance on each of the following areas:
- Empowering Workers.
- Labor and Human Rights.
- Health and Safety.
- The Environment.
- Identify the key ways that your company’s Code of Conduct has changed since last year.
- Examine the manner in which your company’s Supplier Code of Conduct helps the organization operate as a socially responsible organization.
- In this week’s discussion, you consider assembling a team to write a supplier code of conduct. Recommend the stakeholders roles (4–5) needed on the team and how each supports the project.
- Integrate at least three supporting resources from the Strayer University Library or other reputable sources.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
• Create a presentation about the key areas, changes, and progress in a company’s supplier responsibilities and code of conduct.
I chose Netflix for this assignment
The template for this assignment is attached below
Title of Assignment
Name of Selected Company
Class Name and Number
Month Date Year
Speaker notes are written in this area and should fully explain the bullet points listed on the slide.
The notes should be complete sentences/paragraphs and provide detailed analysis and insight for your response.
As a student you are an academic writer. In academic writing, you must integrate citation evidence to support your response.
At Strayer, Strayer Writing Standards are required.
Be sure to include your SWS formatted in-text citations here in the speaker notes as required – reference the instruction Frequently Asked Questions for additional details.
Prompt 1: Summarize your chosen company’s Supplier Responsibility information.
Prompt 2: In your own words, explain how each aspect of your Supplier Code of Conduct is committed to ethical business practices and social responsibility
Prompt 3: Discuss your company’s stance on each of the following areas:
Labor and Human Rights
Health and Safety
Delete this Before Submitting
Use No More Than two (2) Slides to answer this Prompt
Prompt 4: Identify the keyways that your company’s Code of Conduct has changed since last year
Prompt 5: Examine the manner in which your company’s Supplier Code of Conduct helps the organization operate as a socially responsible organization
>>>View Prompt 5 Tip
Prompt 6: In this week’s discussion, you consider assembling a team to write a supplier code of conduct. Recommend the stakeholder roles (4–5) needed on the team and how each supports the project
>>>View Prompt 6 Tip
Anne Lawrence. 2022. Business and Society: Stakeholders, Ethics, Public Policy.