- Choose a familiar household appliance (such as a vacuum cleaner, toaster, or hair dryer).
- Write a 1–2 page mechanism description (written in your own words) telling an audience of fifth graders in a science class on how the appliance works.
The document must include:
- At least one graphic.
- A logical spatial order.
- Citations of any sources and graphics if taken from a source.
In your document, you should:
- Ensure the document is clear and brief.
- Exercise logic in your design, including the placement of headers and graphics.
- Use appropriate language for the audience and purpose.
Follow the steps identified in the textbook.
- Make sure to include a summary for your informative report. You may wish to refer to your Week 5 Discussion post to review your thoughts regarding best practices for a summary in an informative report.
- Cite sources, including any graphics.