The Clinical Practice Project is the culminating academic endeavor of nursing students who earn a baccalaureate degree in nursing from University. The clinical practice project provides students with the opportunity to explore a problem or issue of particular personal or professional interest that is somehow related to one of the following nursing competencies: patient-centered care, teamwork/collaboration, evidence based practice, quality improvement, safety or informatics (QSEN: http://www.qsen.org)-Please use the Graduate Competencies to complete your assignment.
The project must demonstrate your ability to synthesize and apply the knowledge and skills acquired through this academic program to real-world nursing issues and problems. This final project will affirm your ability to think critically and creatively, to solve practical problems related to nursing practice or the facilitation of patient-centered care, to make reasoned and ethical decisions, and to communicate effectively orally and in writing. Remember, your project is to be actually implemented during the five weeks of this course.
NOTE: This is slightly different than the form that you submitted for approval in NRSE_Pre-course. I have attached the completed pre-course form.
- Students will have the opportunity to synthesize knowledge and apply skills acquired in the nursing academic and practice settings.
- Students will extend their academic experience into areas of nursing practice interest, working with new ideas, issues, organizations, and individuals.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to think and act critically and creatively about nursing practice issues and will further develop their analytical and ethical leadership skills necessary to address and help solve these issues.
- Students will refine the ability to utilize evidence based research and demonstrate proficiency in written and communication skills.
- Students will demonstrate achievement of the Ohio University program outcomes and the ability to extend and refine their knowledge and skill in the realization of their personal and professional goals met as a result of the capstone clinical practice project.
Minimum of four (4) total references: one (1) references from required course materials and three (3) peer-reviewed references from your project research. All references must be no older than 5 years (unless making a specific point using a seminal piece of information).
Peer-reviewed references include references from professional data bases such as PubMed or CINHAL applicable to population and practice area, along with evidence based clinical practice guidelines. Examples of unacceptable references are Wikipedia, UpToDate, Epocrates, Medscape, WebMD, hospital organizations, insurance recommendations, & secondary clinical databases.
Policy and Politics in Nursing and Health Care,Elsevier Saunders, 2015, 7th edition
- Read Chapters 1,2,3,4.
STEP 2. Utilize the template provided and fill this out completely; the boxes will expand as you type.
STEP 3. Refer to APA book and rubric for guidance.