The State of Massachusetts would like to replace a National Guard armory rapidly reaching the end of its service life. The Department of Military Affairs has been told that continued special maintenance would be $275,000 annually. Rehabilitation of facility would cost $4,000,000, and would extend the armory’s service life by 15 years.
- Calculate the discount factor for each year (use 4% discount rate @ 15 years)
- Calculate the annual present value cost of maintenance (15 years)
- Calculate the discounted benefit of rehabilitating the armory
- Given the discounted cost of rehabilitation, what is the cost- benefit ratio for the proposal?
Be sure to include information regarding the following items when completing your evaluation of the project:
- the objectives of the project
- the demand and consumer surplus of the project
- a categorization of the project expenses
- an estimation of potential delays