USE OF SAFE ASSIGN… MUST COME IN AT 15% or less.
Assignment 1: Critical Factors in Implementing an IT System in Health Facilities
Due Week 4 and worth 300 points
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Provide at least three (3) various reasons why some health care
organizations have been reluctant to implement electronic medical
- Discuss the essential manner in which the Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) impacts patient’s medical
- Determine the main advantages and disadvantages of the adoption of
The HITECH (the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical
Health) Act for health care professionals. Next, suggest one (1)
strategy that the medical staff members could use in order to mitigate
the main disadvantages in question.
- Review the typical workflow processes within health organizations,
and decide the single most significant process that the health
organization must eliminate in order to improve the service. Provide a
rationale to support your response.
- Analyze the primary ways in which the key federal initiatives impact
the standards of health care information for patient privacy, safety,
- Specify the fundamental advantages of applying an IT system within
health care organizations. Predict new IT developments in the health
care industry for the next two (2) decades. Justify your response.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this
assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar type Websites do not qualify as
Your assignment must follow these formatting guidelines:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA
or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the
student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required
assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Examine the impact technologies have on health care information systems.
- Examine the systems development life cycle of a custom application and the selection of proprietary systems.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in health information systems.
- Write clearly and concisely about health information systems using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic /
organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the
following rubric found here.