This week you were introduced to several decision-making tools in the course content. Using the Decision Matrix Analysis along with the Decision Matrix Analysis video, make the following decisions relative to the case study: Disney in Asia.
- First, list all of the cultural challenges posed by Disney’s expansion into Asia. (Side of matrix.)
- Next, list cultural variables that influenced these challenges. (Top of matrix.)
- Decide on a score (1-5) for each of these challenges according to the relative importance of the factors. Multiply each of these scores by 2 to find the weighted scores for each option/factor combination.
- The first section of your paper should be an explanation of this process and how you decided on each of the factors in the matrix.
Next, respond to the following questions:
- How were the challenges you chose different than the challenges of Euro Disney?
- What role does culture play in the location choice of Disney theme parks?
- Why was the Disney Shanghai park controversial? What were the risks and benefits of the project?
- As a conclusion, reflect on your overall thoughts on this case.
Please consider the rubric (Attached file)