This is the second and last part of the paper I will attached the syllabus with it. It should be only 4 more pages excluding the title and reference page. SBIRT—Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral for Treatment. The screening we have done were Alcohol and or Drugs are other interventions. Here is a few videos and let me know how much and if you need any thing else.
In your Cultural Competency Paper you will need to identify a current intervention to use with the underserved population that you identified in Week 2.
For this assignment we want to help you begin thinking about what intervention you will be writing about in your paper.
For this section of the overall paper, identify a current SBIRT intervention(s) and provide a rationale/explanation about why this type of SBIRT intervention has been identified is appropriate given the particular cultural or ethnic characteristics of this population.
Your instructor will provide you with feedback that you can incorporate in your final paper.
This should be 6-7 pages long and should be APA formatted, making sure you use in-text citations for your references. You will be graded on content of the intervention and APA formatting.
The first purpose is to increase your knowledge about how to work in a culturally competent manner with children and families of underserved populations. The second purpose is to increase your critical thinking skills. The third purpose is to introduce you to some important scholarly journals in social work as well as the fields in which social work is commonly engaged.
Your paper should be 6 – 7 pages long, excluding the title and reference pages. Your paper must follow APA style. Be sure to use the APA tutorial in the course and your APA manual.
- Thoroughly describe the culturally competent social work practices for working with this population that are identified in the articles or are implied by the articles. Use this research and your course textbook to elaborate on these questions:
- How has this group been treated historically in our culture? What is the history (e.g., laws, experiences, etc.) related to this type of oppression? What assumptions, beliefs, or attributions appear to drive the oppression or discrimination of this group?
- What are examples of specific oppressive or discriminatory practices that this group has encountered as they interact with various institutions? You may include social, economic, educational, faith, and health care institutions in your discussion, as well as any other institutions of relevance.
- What may be the outcomes or implications of these experiences for the marginalized group? Consider the range of bio-psycho-social-spiritual outcomes and other issues of relevance.
- What examples of strength and resilience are, or have been, evident within members of this group?
- What may be implications of these oppressive practices for social workers who work with individuals from this population? What are 2-3 specific understandings or actions that you see as crucial to supporting non-oppressive practices with the group you have chosen?
- Identify a current SBIRT intervention(s) and provide a rationale/explanation about why this type of SBIRT intervention has been identified is appropriate given the particular cultural or ethnic characteristics of this population.
- Reflect and write a few paragraphs on the knowledge and insight you gained from completing this assignment. Discuss how you feel, what you think, how you react to the notion of serving this minority population in the area of social work you identified in the paper. Be descriptive
- Instructor Amy Fisher
- Sharman James (my name)