Apply major organizational perspectives and theories to real problems facing health services organizations.
#-1 Those working in the healthcare field are faced with a multitude of challenges and risks on a daily basis. Some of those challenges and risks are not visible to the human eye and can have a major impact on healthcare staff and communities.
You have been chosen to be part of a new task force created by the Mayor Venues Fusion of Gotham City. The task force is looking at budgetary shortfalls and city-wide preparedness of disasters for the coming fiscal year. You have been assigned to explore the cost of an outbreak of an easily spreadable high-risk disease.
For this assignment, you will focus on exploring how best to create a presentation to present to the mayor addressing the outbreak of a disease in Gotham City, a poverty-stricken city. You may pick a disease of your choice.
To complete your assigned duties for the task force you will need to create a PowerPoint presentation of at least 13 slides:
- Introduction Slides (3 to 4 slides) – The introduction should cover the following:
- Explain in broad terms the possible disease that is affecting the city.
- Discuss social-economic details of the community affected by the outbreak.
- Plan of Action (8 to 10 slides) – Address the outbreak’s effect on and use of resources including manpower, money, and medicine.
- Conclusion (2 to 3 slides) – Present the best course of action to treat and contain the outbreak. Highlight the use of resources and overall impact on the community suffering from the outbreak.
- A separate, last slide for a Reference list in APA formatting.
NOTE – APA formatting for the references slide and proper grammar, punctuation, and form are required. APA help is available from this link – APA
If you are new to creating a PowerPoint presentation, visit the following free tutorial websites:
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2013 Tutorial
- PowerPoint #-2.Identify concepts in organizational decisions, strategic alliances, and managing efficiency and effectiveness.
As an outside healthcare consultant, you have been hired by Gotham City Hospital to conduct and write a risk analysis report about upcoming organizational changes at the hospital. The most important change being proposed by hospital leadership is allowing non-medically-trained staff greater decision-making powers and responsibilities in regards to management of medical staff, facility resources, and at times, treatments provided by the hospital.Your role as an outside healthcare consultant is to develop a three-page executive summary to identify the risks and benefits of the organizational change at the hospital. Write a three-page executive summary that will be sent to executive staff at the healthcare facility in order to make organizational changes and processes at the hospital. Topics should include:
- The pros and cons of having non-medical staff making medical decisions.
- The importance of the management of resources, including staff, money, and inventory.
- Getting the buy-in of facility staff and administrators with suggested changes.
NOTE – APA formatting for the reference list and proper grammar, punctuation, and form are required. APA help is available from this link – APA.
Please make it two word documents #1 and #2