Directions:.Unless otherwise stated, answer in complete sentences, and be sure to use correct English spelling and grammar.If sources are cited they must be in APA format. Your response should be a maximum of two (2) double-spaced pages in length; refer to the “Assignment Format” page for specific format requirements.
The essay writing process:You will write the first draft of a two-paragraph essay plus a conclusion.You may choose one of these essay topics: The career I hope to follow; a special or unusual person; the best or worst teacher I ever had, or the most exciting event in my life. You will be graded on the following:
- A clear thesis statement (10 points)
- Two topic sentences (one for each paragraph) that express themain idea (15 points each for a possible total of 30 points)
- The body of each paragraph:Each paragraph should be comprised of a topic sentence (#2 above), supporting details in body sentences (relevant to the topic sentence), and a concluding sentence (20 points each for a possible total of 40 points)
- The conclusion (10 points)
- Be sure to proofread carefully, including spell-checking. (10 points).