Essay for ENG 130: Literary Response for Plot
This assignment focuses on your ability to: learn how to identify the plot devices of a piece of
literature; craft your own creative piece with similar plot devices.
The purpose of completing this assignment is: as a student and a career professional, you will need to read and summarize many different forms of literature. Very often, you will need to report out on those summaries. This is a good practice in developing those skills!
Prompt (What are you writing about?)
• After reading the short short story resources in Unit 1, create a short short piece of your own (no more than 2 pages) that focuses on one of the following prompts:
o The time you decided to return to school as a mature student o The time all technology stopped working
Instructions (how to get it done):
• Write a 1 to 2 page creative response that details one of the prompts above. Be sure to have a plot with clear characters, a conflict, and a resolution.
• Your response should be 1-2 pages (does not include the title page).
• Your response should have a properly APA formatted title page. The title page template is in
the Unit 1 resources.
• The paper should be double spaced with 1-inch margins. Choice of fonts: 11-point Calibri, 11-
point Arial,12-point Times New Roman.
• Please be cautious about plagiarism. Make sure to use internal citations for direct quotes,
paraphrases, and new information.
Students: Be sure to read before you write, and again after you write