Evaluate Restorative Justice
Write an essay to address the following, and support your points with the cases provided in the module content (Page III):
- Identify the key principles of restorative justice and what it aims to achieve.
- What are the key elements that restorative justice programs must observe in order to achieve the goal of healing and repairing relationships?
- Who should be involved in the restorative justice process for it to function effectively? Why is each role important?
- Do you agree that restorative justice will transform the traditional criminal justice? Explain your answer and support it with evidence.
- Do you have concerns or criticisms of this program? Please explain your answer.
Your well-written essay should meet the following requirements:
- Be 3-4 pages in length.
- Include at least one outside academic source in addition to the module content and the case study material.
- Be formatted according to APA
Case Study Material:
– Victim-Offender Mediation Article (attached)