For this assignment, you will write one initial assessment request. Use the information included in one of the two case studies (i.e., mock client scenarios) below as the foundation for your initial assessment requests. Using the case study that you select, provide a 1–2-page essay response to each of the required sections below
- Biopsychosocial History: Write a biopsychosocial history of the client and discuss the implications for behavior analytic services. Include a recommendation for the scope of behavior analytic services likely required for this client. Take care to include all of the information provided in the case study, but you do not need to add any other hypothetical information
- Prioritization of Target Behaviors: Describe how behaviors targeted for change have been prioritized for assessment. This section should include an actual list prioritizing the target behaviors from the behavior(s) that will be assessed first to the behavior(s) that will be assessed last. Discuss the social validity of the prioritized list of target behaviors. (This section may include hypothetical information that is outside the content provided in the case study. That is, you may write in the past tense and pretend that you have used specific procedures to prioritize the target behaviors and confirm the social validity of the list.)
- Proposed Assessment Sequence: Propose an assessment sequence for the client. Review safeguards that will be included to ensure that all assessments are conducted in an ethical manner. (Identify what components of a functional behavior assessment will be conducted, when, and why)
Case Study 1 – Mike Crafone
- 4-year-old boy
- Lives with mother, grandmother, older sister
- Identified by his school district as having a developmental delay
- Qualified for and enrolled in early intervention program in school district at age 2.5 years
- Attendance at the early intervention program has been sporadic due to transportation difficulties the family has been experiencing
- Early intervention program has one BCBA on staff, but the program is not behavior analytic in nature and the BCBA has never met or assessed Mike’s behavior
- Diagnosed by a developmental pediatrician at age 3.5 years with autism spectrum disorder. According to the developmental pediatrician, he is physically healthy.
- Recommended for ABA services by the social worker at the developmental pediatrician’s clinic
- Mother is not certain about what ABA is, but she has heard from other parents on the internet that she can get help at home
- School district still is trying to determine what special education services, if any, will be needed when he enters kindergarten in approximately one year from now
Mother reports that he:
- Flaps his hands and squeals quite often
- Hits his head with his fists and bangs is head on surfaces. He has broken a tooth from this.
- Runs away from her in public places
- Can repeat words that people say to him, but he does not always do it. He does not spontaneously produce words.
- Is a picky eater. She often cannot figure out what he wants to eat.
- Cannot complete any self-help routines that commonly can be completed by 4-year-olds (e.g., putting on slip-on shoes)
- Requests items or activities by leading her by the hand to certain locations
- Is not toilet-trained
Your assignment should be a 1–2-page essay response to each of the required sections for a total of 3–6 pages, not including the title and reference pages, and should include the following elements:
- Title page: Provide your name, title of assignment, course and section number, and date.
Body: Answer all the questions in complete sentences and paragraphs.
- Your responses should reflect professional writing standards, using proper tone and language. The writing and writing style should be correct and accurate, and reflect knowledge of skills and practice in the Psychology profession.
Reference page: Sources listed in APA format.
- Include a minimum of 3 peer-reviewed, behavior analytic resources from the Purdue University Global Library
- Use Arial or Times New Roman 12-point font, double-spaced and left aligned.
- Use standard 1″ margins on all sides.
- Use APA formatting and citation style.