Hello, I am looking for someone to write an article on How to Find the Perfect Candidate for a Fashion Company. It needs to be at least 500 words. 1. HR strategy: .A 2. All of the following ments about competency models are true EXCEPT: .B 3. When implementing recruitment activities, initial consideration should be given to a companys ___B__, especially for filling jobs above the entry level.
4. What is the advantage of using job performance as a job analysis method? . B
5. Setting a planning horizon, assessing current performance and readiness for promotion, identifying replacement candidates for key positions, identifying career-development needs, and integrating the career goals of individuals with company goals are steps in __B__.
6. Which of the following statements about a tight labor market is true? .C
7. Promotion-from-within policies must __C_, coupled with a company philosophy that permits employees to consider available opportunities within the organization. .
8. If employers fail to check closely enough on a prospective employee who then commits a crime in the course of performing his/her job duties, they can be held liable for: . B
9. In terms of recruitment sources among employers, which of the following observations is true? .D
10. Which of the following statements about RJPs is true? .C
11. The __A__ theory of selection states that just as organizations choose people, people choose jobs and organizations that fit their personalities and career objectives and in which they can satisfy needs that are important to them. .
12. Which of the following is the most common test/examination used for selection? .C
13. Which of the following selection methods is based on the assumption that the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior? .B
14. The extent to which competencies learned in training can be applied on the job is termed: .D
15. This can be thought of as a kind of compass, one that indicates a persons actual direction as well as a persons desired direction. .A
16. When there is a clear link between organizational goals and performance standards for a particular job, the appraisal system is said to exhibit: .C
17. If a rater is asked to assess an employees performance over a 6- to 12-month period, _____ ratings may result, especially if information has been stored in a raters memory according to irrelevant, oversimplistic, or otherwise faulty categories. B .
18. What is the purpose of the assessment phase of training? .C
19. The level of training needs analysis that focuses on identifying whether training supports the companys strategic direction is called ___B__ analysis. .
20. The impact of training on ___B__ is the most significant, but most difficult, effect to demonstrate. .
Employees represent the quality of service of an organization. Thus, the recruitment and staffing approach is such a crucial stage in filling in a particular position in the company. It could make or break the successful operations of the company. It is essential that every employee is the perfect candidate for each job.
In the case of hiring Regional Managers for Baroque, Inc., it is important that a very careful and rigorous approach be applied during the selection process. Basically, this should consist of a series of interviews, skill testing, background checks, employment verification, right to work, and medical evaluation. (Cohesive Technologies, 2011)
The ideal candidate for the Regional Manager position must possess an excellent fashion sense and a vast knowledge of clothing line operation. It is important for the candidate to have passion for the kind of business he or she would be managing. He or she should be a people person who knows the right approach for different personality types. He or she should have exceptional persuasive skill as well. Sales proficiency is an indispensable factor since this type of business is profit-oriented, which should be optimized considering the upscale nature of its target market.
Likewise, the aspiring Regional Manager should have the legal right to work in the his/her area of assignment. It is important that his/her connections with previous employers have ended properly. Thus, interview with a number of references should be conducted.
Hiring a Regional Manager must focus on the totality of the candidate. Applicants may all have comparable skills, to the extent that their qualifications are almost of the same level. Thus, personality and attitude also count greatly.
In every organization, there is a constant battle of moving up and forward to prevent the organization from stagnating. Thus, having an obsolete training program in Baroque, Inc. will not be beneficial. In order to be globally competitive, the company should make every effort to achieve leverage in an ever changing business world.
The role of a Store Manager entails highly serious and extensive responsibilities. Thus, it is vital that the upcoming employee for this position be properly honed to the best of the organization’s ability. The training program in Baroque, Inc. should indeed be revised so as to prevent the new Store Manager from obtaining outdated knowledge and skills.
It is important that the Store Manager possess sales and product knowledge. However, this knowledge will be put in vain if he or she would not gain proper hands-on training. Hence, training for both of these aspects should be carefully conceptualized. Programs should cover a wide array of competencies. Operational and follow up trainings should be done as well to ensure that the manager stay up-to-date and in conformity with the company’s standards and latest skills development programs.
The training programs for Store Managers must be designed in such a way that the manager would be able to reflect the mission and vision and core values of Baroque, Inc. Training would start off with company orientation and understanding of basic operations. Next would be training on technical operations followed by training on basic managerial functions. Role-specific training would then follow which would focus on the particulars of managing an upscale clothing store. (Dollar Tree, Inc., 2012)
Adopting up-to-date training programs is beneficial in building the confidence of new store managers. It is a must then that Baroque, Inc. exerts effort in constantly reviewing its training approach.
Cohesive Technologies. (2011). Retrieved from cohetech.com: http://www.cohetech.com/ace-fit.php
Dollar Tree, Inc. (2012). Dollar Tree. Retrieved from dollartree.com: http://www.dollartree.com/custserv/custserv.