For this Assignment, you will explore issues related to bi-cultural children and families. Begin by reading Walter’s Case Study, and consider how you would assist both Walter and his parents.
Please answer the following:
- As a bicultural child, what are some of the challenges and injustices Walter is experiencing and may experience as he transitions into adulthood?
- How can you help both Walter and his parents draw on their individual and cultural strengths to creatively address these life challenges?
- Cross-cultural work with bicultural families should employ strategies that focus on developing positive feelings about membership in both parents’ groups. Discuss how you would teach Walter’s parents to confront devaluing or mixed racial messages, freeing children from racialized loyalty binds, and have open and direct conversations about race.
- Describe the approach you would use in your intervention at all levels of Walter’s system including individual, family, school, community, social support systems, and society.
Your Assignment should be a 4–5-page essay (not including the title and reference pages) and should include the following elements:
- Title page: Provide your name, title of Assignment, course and section number, and date
- Body: Answer all the questions in complete sentences and paragraphs
- Your responses should reflect professional writing standards using proper tone and language. The writing and writing style should be correct, accurate, and reflect knowledge of human services.
- Reference page: Sources in APA format
- Include a minimum of three scholarly or academic sources, with one of them being the textbook.
- Use Times New Roman 12-point font, double-spaced, and left aligned
- Use standard 1″ margins on all sides
- Use APA Formatting and Citation style
- If you need assistance with APA style, please visit the Academic Success Center.
TEXTBOOK INFORMATION Title: Cultural Diversity: A Primer for the Human Services Edition: 6th (2018) Author: Jerry V. Diller Publisher: Cengage Learning Book ISBN: 978-1-337-56338-3