This assignment will connect past historical events and laws to current education systems, demonstrating how the past continues to impact the present and providing reasons for our study of these past events and laws. You will select at least one of the landmark educational laws from your Module 3 reading and explains how the law impacts American education today. Provide clear examples of how/where we can see the impact. This may include current events, legislation, or curriculum.
- Select at least one of the landmark educational laws from Module 3 (special education law).
- Begin your summary by giving a brief overview of the landmark educational law including the original intended purpose of the law.
- Include when the law was first enacted and when it was last updated.
- Relate how the selected law impacts American education today.
- Include who it impacts
- Include to what degree it impacts this population
- Support your claim by giving clear examples of how/where we can see the impact. This may include current events, legislation, or curriculum.
- Clearly reference (with citations) current events, using APA formatting.