2 separate assignments
Step One: Interview Introduction Assignment
Submit a paper about single-gender education. Identify someone to interview who is currently teaching or has taught a single-gender class. If you do not have access to either of these, use YouTube to find a video(s) of interviews with teachers who have experience teaching single-gender classes.
Submit a one-page introduction to your Interview Assignment that includes the following:
- Who you will interview or what video(s) you will review on YouTube.
- Why you selected this person or video(s).
- And a short paragraph detailing your initial perspective on single-gender education.
Step Two: Final Interview Assignment
Final Interview Assignment, incorporating your feedback from the interview or video(s).
Your 2- to 3-page paper, excluding title and reference page, should include the following:
- An introduction;
- Who you interviewed, or a description of who was interviewed in the video you selected (no names, just male/female, the grade they teach, etc.)?
- A discussion of the research on single-gender education and its impact on student achievement, as well as a research-based evaluation of the pros and cons of single-gender education;
- And a conclusion that reflects on what you have learned thus far, evaluating the implications for single-gender education.