Introduction to Philosophy
Directions: Answer any three of the questions below in three essays. Essays may be as long as you feel necessary, but should be at least 300 words each, and should demonstrate an understanding of the main point of the question and it’s relevance for us today.
1. Describe how Socrates “corrupted” the youth of Athens. Would that be considered corrupting youth today?
2. Relate the concept of soul as the principle of life to the concept of your individual soul. How are they connected?
3. Plato describes three different types of persons in his psychology. What are the characteristics of each? Which would you use to describe yourself?
4. How does Aristotle say we should live a virtuous life?
5. What Philosopher we have discussed would you use to give a person guidance in leading a good life? Why do you think this advice would be the best?
6. Compare Socrates to Jesus of Nazareth. In what ways might they be similar? In what ways might they be dissimilar?
Length 300 words each