Task 2 (50 marks) (Grade Processing)
In this part of your assignment you are required to produce a fully functional GUI program in accordance with the specifications mentioned below. The program will be used to determine and display the final mark of students enrolled in the â€œProgramming in Java 2â€ subject. It will also have the capability to calculate and display the average mark for all students entered into the system.
Part 1 Elements of the GUI :
- An appropriate title appearing on top of the main frame of the GUI (eg. â€œProgramming in Java 2â€)
- Five text fields with appropriate labels namely â€œStudent IDâ€, â€œQuizâ€, â€œAssignment 1â€, â€œAssignment 2â€, and â€œFinal Examâ€ to take user inputs
- One read-only text area with an appropriate label (â€œResultsâ€) used to display outputs of the program
- Two buttons (â€œStudent Markâ€ and â€œAverage Markâ€) used to trigger actions for calculations
- Tooltip text display for the buttons, text fields and the text area
- Three panels to be added to the main frame which will contain the other components. For example, the four text fields could be added to a panel placed to the north of the main frame, the results text area could be added to a panel to be placed to the centre of the main frame, and the two buttons could be added to a panel to be placed to the south of the main frame.
Part 2 Functionality:
- For each student, user enters â€œStudent IDâ€, â€œQuizâ€, â€œAssignment 1â€, â€œAssignment 2â€, and â€œFinal Examâ€ marks as integers. The mark on each assessment items has to be in between 0 and 100. Input validation needs to be done on each assessment mark to make sure that the mark on each assessment is in between 0 and 100.
- User then presses the â€œStudent Markâ€ button to calculate the final mark for the student. The weights on Quizâ€, â€œAssignment 1â€, â€œAssignment 2â€, and â€œFinal Examâ€ are 5%, 20%, 25% and 50%, respectively
- The button press triggers an action, which results in the calculation of the final mark in the unit. This mark is displayed in the â€œResultsâ€ text area with a message such as: â€œFinal mark for 01234567: 75â€ where 01234567 is an 8-digit student ID
- The users of the program are allowed to enter marks for as many students as they choose
- At the end of a session, user clicks the â€œAverage Markâ€ button which results in the calculation of the average mark for all students entered. This mark is displayed in the â€œResultsâ€ text area with a message such as: â€œAverage mark for Java 2: 82â€.