3 to 4 pages with citations and
This week, you will begin by
conducting research on 2 health care administration positions you are
interested in and answer the following questions using Careeronestop.org.
Careeronestop.org is a site created by the U.S. Department of Labor that will
allow you to dig deeper into a variety of health care positions.
- Give a description of the job and typical job duties.
- What type of health care setting would this person work
in (e.g., hospital, retirement home, insurance company)?
- What skills are needed to be successful in this
- What qualities are needed to succeed in this position?
- What certifications and education are needed for this
- What technology knowledge is needed for this position?
- How many years’ experience is required for this
- What is the typical salary for this position?
To answer the questions below, you
will need to first review 3 advertised job descriptions you most likely want
based on your research—using a job board,for a position that you could
realistically get after you graduate with your current level of experience,
skills, and education. These jobs do not have to be in your geographic area,
but make sure the descriptions are detailed enough to understand the
requirements (e.g., provide job duties and qualifications) and that they match
your current level of experience. Have these job descriptions in front of you
as you answer the questions below. For more information about searching for
jobs, view the tutorial below.
- Name the 3 titles you found on this Web site.
- What skills do you possess that are needed to be
successful in each position, and what skills do you need to develop?
- How can you develop the skills that you do not
- Do you have the work experience needed for each
position? If not, what can you do to gain this experience while obtaining
Lastly, you will choose a health
care organization to study over the course of the term. You may select any
health care facility you wish (e.g., long-term care, hospital, home care,
outpatient, etc.). Once you have chosen your facility, examine its organizational
structure. Identify and discuss the following characteristics of your
- What is the mission statement of this organization?
- What patient population does this organization serve?
- What interests you about this particular organization?
- What skills and experience do you feel you can
contribute to the success of this organization?