ALL ASSIGNMENTS HAVE TO BE COMPLETED
“Managing Change in Organizations” Please respond to the following:
- Determine why change is so difficult for organizations. Propose ways that human resource (HR) specialists can assist in making change easier.
- Propose two ways that HR can prepare its employees for the changes involved with moving from a domestic assignment to an overseas assignment.
Bottom of Form
Strategic Approach” Please respond to the following:
- Assess Southwest Airlines’ strategic approach to human resource (HR) management. Determine how its strategy increases organizational effectiveness.
- Propose three ways that HR can use competitive advantage in the marketplace to recruit new applicants in general.
“Company Competitive Advantage” Please respond to the following:
- Propose two ways that a company can gain a competitive advantage over other companies when striving to recruit job applicants. Determine whether technology has assisted or hindered the process.
- Imagine you are head of the HR department, and you have been asked to review two applicants for the sales clerk position at your company. Alice, the first applicant has 10 years of experience in sales work, but can be easily distracted. She will not work on commission and cannot work weekends. She can be a little obstinate, but has an excellent job history. Mary, the second applicant, has one year experience, but very congenial and loves working with people. Her work schedule is very flexible, but she can become a little stressed at times and has been known for having to quietly leave and regroup for a short time. Determine which candidate would be the “right fit”. Support your decision by describing the thought process that lead up to your decision.
Employee Selection” Please respond to the following:
- Compare and contrast the structured interview, situational interview, and behavioral interview. Determine which type of interview would be more beneficial when interviewing applicants. Support your selection.
- In the selection of the candidate, determine if the manager should make the final choice or if others should be included in the final decision. Support your position.
“Employee Layoffs” Please respond to the following:
- Determine three ways that employee layoffs can affect other employees in the organization. Examine two additional ways that employee layoffs can affect the organization as a whole.
- Imagine that you are a manager of the HR department of a company and you are required to lay off one of your employees. Propose two ways that you can ensure you are abiding by the laws that govern employment and ethical practices. Respond and evaluate another learner’s comment. Ground students will do this through discussion.