Modern psychological testing relies heavily on norming. Even domain-referenced tests provide statistical norms to explain performance and categorize test subjects. However, there are limitations to norms that must be understood by those administrating psychological tests and interpreting scores. This assignment will ask you to reconcile those limitations with interpretation of those scores.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment uses a grading rubric. Download the file, print it, and use the rubric to guide your completion of the assignment. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
- Include two scholarly resources other than those in the assigned readings with appropriate references and in-text citations.
- Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
Write a paper of 1,000-1,250 words that addresses the limitations of norms and norming. Include the following in your paper:
- An overview of the types and uses of norms commonly found in psychological testing
- A description of the limitations of these norms with regard to the interpretation of scores on psychological tests
- A statement reconciling the limitations of norms with their appropriate uses in interpreting psychological test results