Write a 1,050- to 1,200-word paper, including the following:
The Latino/Hispanic group is the only ethnic category counted separately by the United States Census. According to the U.S. Census, a Latino/Hispanic person can be of any race. Describe the variability within the category of “Latino” group, as defined by the U.S. Census.
Include in the paper:
1. When this census category became official (the first time it was used in the United States Census)
2. At least five distinctive subgroups that belong under this broad category
3. How people from Africa, both slaves and freemen, became part of the Latino population in the U.S.
4. How color is viewed within the Hispanic/Latino group today (i.e. a Mexican who is Black)
5. The role (and variability) of language in defining groups as “Latino”
6. The role (and variability) of religion in defining groups as “Latino”
7. The role (and variability) of culture within the category of “Latino”
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.