Your company has had embedded HR generalists in business units for the past several years. Over that time, it has become costlier, and more difficult to maintain standards, and is a frustration for business units to have that budget “hit.” The leadership has decided to move to a more centralized model of delivering HR services and has asked you to evaluate that proposition and begin establishing a project team to initiate the needed changes. The project team is selected and you must now provide general direction.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
- Review and define the five (5) steps of strategic planning . Based on the information, provide a statement of overall importance of these steps to your project team.
- Develop a vision and mission statement for the project team specific to the current project. HINT: It is highly recommended to follow the guidance offered in the textbook about vision and mission statement.
- Explain to the project team what a project charter is and why it is used. Then, select any 3 charter elements you feel are more important and explain why.
- Provide a “Statement of Emphasis” to your project team based on the information you provided in the previous 3 sections above. The goal is to ensure your team understands the importance of the information.
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA format.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.