Creating academic papers often begin with an outline. For this assignment, you will use the research you have collected for your Final Assignment and create an outline of your information. An outline generally follows this type of format:
I. Main Idea
A. Supporting Idea
1. Research, data, facts
Many wordprocessing programs have outline formatting tools to help you. This Purdue OWL Sample Outlines PDF gives examples of outline formats as well.
A reminder of resources to help you:
- PCC Shatford Library POLSC 1 LibGuide
- ACLU Website (Links to an external site.) (for overview of underserved communities and current news)
- SCOTUS blog (Links to an external site.) (Supreme Court Blog)
- Oyez Cases (Links to an external site.)
- Choose your topic + Find 2-3 external sources for your final project
- Create an outline, making certain to note where you got your resources. The best kind of outline to use for a paper is the TOPIC SENTENCE OUTLINE (an example is on the Purdue OWL page link listed above).