Post a cohesive response based on your analysis of the Learning Resources and your professional experience. Be sure to discuss the following:
- Describe the conflict scenario you identified based on your preparation for this discussion, identifying the players, the core issue and the goal of the conflict—instrumental, relational, identity, or process, from each perspective. Select a conflict in which you have engaged or in which you intend to engage. (Note – you should not disclose names of individuals in a manner that would make their identities known to your classmates).
- Using the chart provided below, specify which of the core conflict issues you identified are tangible and which are intangible.
- Using The conflict resolution toolbox Learning Resource, apply the Dynamics of Trust model to the perspectives of both parties.
- Using the charts associated with each model below, select the appropriate model to describe your conflict and fill out the attached chart.
- If you have already engaged in the conflict, use the functional cycle or dysfunctional cycle based on Figure 2.1 or Figure 2.2 within the Managing Conflict Through Communication text to describe your conflict
- If you are still in the planning stage of conflict, use the Six-Step Confrontation Process within the Managing Conflict Through Communication text to describe your conflict
- Which communication strategy best fits this conflict? Explain why you chose this one.