The assignment objective is to define the problem persuasively and accurately, propose solutions to the problem or issue, and to present that solution to a decision-maker or group of decision-makers who can implement the recommendation.
The problem or issue need not be enormous. Within the scope of the assignment are issues such as these:
Communication among Account Managers within your the organization may be difficult. You could propose some interoffice communication strategies to facilitate communication and show how these might affect the organization’s bottom line.
Concern about the company’s image and level of service has prompted much dialog. A possible strategy for improving the company’s image and perception could be using social networking, blogging, or other multimedia to improve the image and connect to its customers.
Social media is now an important aspect of doing business. You could write a report recommending that your company set up an interactive customer blog or use social media to improve customer service.
Please use the attached document as you see fit to expand on this assignment!!!
Reference sources will be included that explain the problem, provide evidence of the problem, and support the solution. Your references should include both interviews (primary sources) and journals or peer-reviewed secondary sources. The report will include a discussion of resources necessary to implement the solution, the timeline, and the benefits of doing so. The report will include the following components:
- executive summary
- transmittal letter or memo
- table of contents
- introduction in the form of an executive summary
- body of the report to include headings and subheadings
- conclusion stated as a recommendation for implementation of the solution
- end matter to include reference page and any other data suitable for this section of the report
The complete report should be no fewer than approximately 1,500 words, no more than 3,000. The word count includes all components except the reference list.
- meets minimum requirements â€“ no fewer than (approximately) 1,500 words; no more than 3,000
- shows skillful application of persuasive strategies
- audience is appealed to appropriately
- argument is developed well; relevant evidence supports your claims
- image of credibility is established
- objections are anticipated and addressed
- executive summary is no more than one page and is a mini-version of the entire report
- purpose of each section is clear and supported well
- organization is clear
- follows problem-solution, proposal, or recommendation-support pattern, etc.
- separate ideas in separate paragraph
- contains meaningful, relevant headings
- there are helpful transitions between and within paragraphs
- each paragraph has a clear topic sentence stating the main point and focusing the material
- each paragraph fully supports its topic sentence with very specific material appropriate for the purpose and audience: details, examples, reasons and explanations, evidence
- sentences are well-written: emphatic, condensed, varied in structure, fluent
- words are specific, precise, concrete, accurate; voice is consistent and appropriate for audience
- graphics are designed well and appropriately displayed; data are relevant to recommendations
- sources are precisely cited in APA style in the paragraphs of the report
- good selection of reliable material to support research issue
- few direct quotes (no more than 5 percent of the total paper word count)
- accurate paraphrasing and summarizing
- no plagiarizing
- correct in-text citation in APA style, according to A Writer’s Reference
- correct bibliography format in APA style, according to A Writer’s Reference
- contains no proofreading errors