The text discusses Microsoft and Intel.
- Your assignment is to research two international companies from the same industry that have been in the news in the past six months. Research these companies using internet or print resources.
- Compare and contrast the company’s position on topics such as: human resource practices, organizational structure, marketing approach or the specific topic that put them in recent news. Explain what interesting history these companies have had as they have grown to an international status. Have they shared experiences or had a unique experience?
Option 1: Traditional Paper
- Write between 1,250 – 1,500 words (approximately 5 – 6 pages) using Microsoft Word in APA style, see example below.
- Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
- Include cover page and reference page.
- At least 80% of your paper must be original content/writing.
- No more than 20% of your content/information may come from references.
- Use at least three references from outside the course material, one reference must be from EBSCOhost. Text book, lectures, and other materials in the course may be used, but are not counted toward the three reference requirement.
- Cite all reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) in the paper and list on a reference page in APA style.
References must come from sources such as, scholarly journals found in EBSCOhost, CNN, online newspapers such as, The Wall Street Journal, government websites, etc. Sources such as, Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, blogs, etc. are not acceptable for academic writing.
A detailed explanation of how to cite a source using APA can be found here (link).
Download an example here.