****This is just a revision of paper..needs additional paragraph:
Develop a 14–19 page strategic management plan based on previous assessments that includes a section on strategy formation. The strategy formation should include clear, measurable objectives; analyze strategies and methods for meeting objectives and measuring success; comprehensive recommendations for the organization; explain the financial requirements to meet objectives; and recommend an organizational structure to position the organization as a leader in its market.
Before beginning this assignment, review the exemplar strategic plans provided in the course resources:
- Johns Hopkins. (2013). Johns Hopkins Medicine strategic plan. Retrieved from http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/strategic_plan/_doc…
- Niles, N. J. (2010). A case study in strategic financial planning in health service organizations. Journal of Business Case Studies, 6(5), 23–29.
- Howard, B. (2015). St. Michael’s Hospital strategic plan 2015–2018 [Video]. Retrieved from
- Sample Strategic Plan [PDF].
These provide models for the development and format of your final plan.
Use the content developed in Assessments 1 through 4 and the information gathered from Worksheet 5 to prepare a strategic management report.
Essential elements of the report include:
- Develop clear, measurable objectives, and initiatives to meet the objectives for the organization.
- Analyze strategies and methods for meeting objectives and measuring success.
- Identify the strategies and methods.
- Explain how the strategies and methods are appropriate for the objectives.
- Identify barriers and constraints to the objectives.
- Explain the methods you will use to address the barriers and constraints.
- Develop comprehensive recommendations.
- Explain the financial requirements to meet the objectives.
- Recommend an organizational structure that would best position the organization as a leader in its market.
- Develop a summary.
Format your assessment as a report and be sure it is organized logically, using headings and sub-headings appropriately. Follow APA guidelines for in-text citations and references.
This is your strategy formation. It is the last section or chapter of your strategic plan.
How to use the content developed in Assessments 1–4:
In Assessments 1–4, you gathered information and developed insights that define your organization. Use this content in two ways:
- Base your objectives, strategies, methods and recommendations on your findings. The material from these assessments is your background data.
- Revise the submitted assessments to become summary statements for inclusion in the plan as appropriate.
Do not copy and paste the entire assignment from an assessment into the strategic plan. Remember your audience is the Board of Directors and other organizational leaders. They are not expecting to read the details of your background process.
You should organize your strategic management plan logically and include the following:
- Cover page.
- Table of Contents.
- Plan Overview.
- External Environment Review.
- Internal Environmental Analysis.
- Organizational Direction.
- Strategy Formation.
- Reference page.
- Plan length: 14–19 double-spaced pages, not including title page and reference page.
- References: A minimum of 10 professional resources.
- Format: APA format for all in-text citations and references. Include a title page and reference page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.