The project is modeled on the Shewhart Cycle (Plan, Do, Check, Act). You will modify the Shewhart Cycle to make it applicable to your selected healthcare emergency department.
You can visit the following link for more details on a quality process improvement plan: www.goleansixsigma.com
Click Resources and then select Lean Six Sigma Tools. Review the steps in sequence; they provide direction to a quality process improvement plan. While you do not need to use the steps in sequence, they provide direction, as given below:
- Define: This step describes the importance of the problem within the organization.
- Measure: This step relates to the impact of the current condition and target goals for improvement.
- Analyze: This step relates to understanding work flow mapping and the value stream as well as understanding root cause analysis (RCA).
- Improve: This step identifies improvements to consider in the implementation of change.
- Control: This step is about sustainability of change.