Step 1: Complete all four required postings in the blog template as per below.
- Background: You are the Director of Communications for a large Canadian-based corporation, and it is your responsibility to write the company blog that is posted on the Internet for all stakeholders and the general public to read. You can select the name of the company and its type of business in line with the scenarios. The Blog Worksheet outlines four scenarios (situations) for which you must make a blog post.
- Click here to use the Communication Blog Template to write and organize your four blog entries and submit it by the assignment due date.
Step 2: Prior to beginning this exercise, complete the unit readings and conduct some basic research on what constitutes a blog (short for web log), and how blogs differ from other types of more formal writing styles.
Step 3: When writing your blog posts, consider the following:
- The subject matter and whether it is good news or bad news.
- The appropriate tone for your message to ensure consistency.
- The audience for your message. Note the background information below states that it is a public blog. Consider who will read a public blog and who will be the primary audience.
- The length and the importance of being succinct (Though the average blog length is between 500-1,000 words, for the purposes of this assignment, keep each of your postings to a maximum of 250 words).
Your overall submission should include:
- Title page (include title, name, date, course code/title, instructor name)
- Completed Communication Blog template, which includes 4 blog postings. Each blog posting should be a maximum of 250 words
- References Page (if applicable, full references for all work cited in body)
- Papers should be written with double-spacing to allow easier review and editing (and to be in correct APA format).
- Use APA referencing guidelines for citation and references.
- Write in first person (I, we, our) because you are writing from the point of view of the company’s Communication Director.
- Ensure all references are academic sources. If an article is found in an academic journal in one of the library databases, then you can assume it has been peer reviewed and thus acceptable. Many articles found readily online may not have been exposed to any editorial vetting process, and thus should not be used as a resource.
Step 1: Complete all four required postings in the blog template as per below. Background: You are the Director of Communications for a large Canadian-based corporation, and it is your responsibility
Appendix C: Individual Assignment 3 – Communication Blog Template Scenario 1 Your company was just named one of the 20 best companies for customer service in your industry. Date: Subject (blog title): Text: Scenario 2 One of your company’s transport trucks, which was hauling flammable material, is said to have caused both an environmental spill and a 14-vehicle accident in which there were at least 3 casualties. Date: Subject (blog title): Text: Scenario 3 Your organization just released its quarterly earnings which were 25% below the expected performance. Date: Subject (blog title): Text: Scenario 4 Your company just secured a $6 million contract with a major public sector client that is expected to generate thousands of jobs over the next 10 years. Date: Subject (blog title): Text: