- Style: APA style, including a list of references
- Each answer should be three full, substantive paragraphs or longer.
- References: Chapters One and Two
Beer, M. (2020, June 22). “6 Reasons Your Strategy Isn’t Working.” Harvard Business Review. Retrieved at hbr.org.
Guillen, M. (2020, July 7). “How Businesses Have Successfully Pivoted During the Pandemic.” Harvard Business Review. Retrieved at hbr.org.
Carlsson-Szlezak, P. Reeves, M. & Swartz, P. (2020, March 3). “What Coronavirus Could Mean for the Global Economy.” Harvard Business Review. Retrieved at hbr.org.
Porter, M. (2008, January). “The Five Competitive Forces that Shape Strategy.” Harvard Business Review. Retrieved at hbr.org.
Chapters Four and Five
Greiner, M. & Julian, S. (2020, July 13). “Avoid Making this Strategic Mistake in a Recession.” Harvard Business Review. Retrieved at hbr.org.
Terlen, S. & Gasparro, A. (2020, Aug. 21). “Why are there still not enough paper towels?” Wall Street Journal. Retrieved at wsj.com.
Gamble, J., Peteraf, M., & Thompson, A. (2021). Essentials of Strategic Management, 7thEdition. NY, NY: McGraw-Hill
ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS:
(1) What is strategy? Why is having a distinct strategy important? What are some barriers that companies face as they attempt to execute their strategy in the wake of the COVID-19 global pandemic?
(6) Within the framework of the Five-Forces Model of Competition, describe the competitive force of the bargaining power of suppliers. What are some of the factors that increase supplier bargaining power? What conditions would decrease supplier bargaining power?
(8) What is a company’s business model? Why is it so important that a company get its business model right? How have some companies adapted their business model to survive in the wake of the COVID-19 global pandemic?
(12) What do we mean by the term competitive strategy? What are the five basic options that a company has for a competitive strategy? What are some basic ways that a company executes its competitive strategy? How has the COVID-19 global pandemic affected company competitive strategies.