Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Define the tort of battery.
- Determine whether or not a person must intend to cause harm or offensive contact for it to be considered battery.
- Provided the standard or definition of “offensive” contact.
- Conclude whether or not being subjected to vapor from e-cigs is an actionable cause for battery, based upon offensive contact. Determine whether or not it would matter if the supervisor exhaled in the employee’s face.
- Explain whether or not the supervisor would have a defense of employee consent if the employee never complained because he was afraid of being terminated if he did complain.
- Format your assignment according to these formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.