Must watch the Power point to get Questions answered
pdf of resources to be Attached
Assignment: Psychotherapy for Clients with Addictive Disorders
Addictive disorders can be particularly challenging for clients. Not only do these disorders typically interfere with a client’s ability to function in daily life, but they also often manifest as negative and sometimes criminal behaviors. Sometime clients with addictive disorders also suffer from other mental health issues, creating even greater struggles for them to overcome. In your role, you have the opportunity to help clients address their addictions and improve outcomes for both the clients and their families.
Photo Credit: Getty Images
· Review this week’s Learning Resources and consider the insights they provide about diagnosing and treating addictive disorders. As you watch the 187 Models of Treatment for Addiction video, consider what treatment model you may use the most with clients presenting with addiction.
· Search the Walden Library databases and choose a research article that discusses a therapeutic approach for treating clients, families, or groups with addictive disorders.
In a 5- to 10-slide PowerPoint presentation, address the following. Your title and references slides do not count toward the 5- to 10-slide limit.
· Provide an overview of the article you selected.
· What population (individual, group, or family) is under consideration?
· What was the specific intervention that was used? Is this a new intervention or one that was already studied?
· What were the author’s claims?
· Explain the findings/outcomes of the study in the article. Include whether this will translate into practice with your own clients. If so, how? If not, why?
· Explain whether the limitations of the study might impact your ability to use the findings/outcomes presented in the article.
· Use the Notes function of PowerPoint to craft presenter notes to expand upon the content of your slides.
· Support your response with at least three other peer-reviewed, evidence-based sources. Explain why each of your supporting sources is considered scholarly. Provide references to your sources on your last slide. Be sure to include the article you used as the basis for this Assignment.
By Day 7
Submit your Assignment. Also attach and submit PDFs of the sources you used.
Submission and Grading Information
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
· Please save your Assignment using the naming convention “WK8Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” as the name.
· Click the Week 8 Assignment Rubric to review the Grading Criteria for the Assignment.
· Click the Week 8 Assignment link. You will also be able to “View Rubric” for grading criteria from this area.
· Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved as “WK8Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” and click Open.
· If applicable: From the Plagiarism Tools area, click the checkbox for I agree to submit my paper(s) to the Global Reference Database.
· Click on the Submit button to complete your submission.