Read the CDC document entitled Public Health Preparedness: Mobilizing State to State. There are nine preparedness goals in the background section. Choose one of the 5 public health emergencies listed below and write a 3000 word paper (plus or minus 10%) that briefly describes the incident and then how and why aspects of the incident were handled well or could have been handled better according to this document. Each of the nine main goals of the CDC document must be addressed in your paper. If a particular one does not apply, state why (with a detailed enough explanation to support your opinion) and move on. I expect that you will be able to discuss or cite relevant topics we cover in the course as evidence that you have read the material and are facile enough to write about the importance of this subject matter even if you are not an expert. Do not include irrelevant extraneous material. The paper should utilize APA format.
1. H1N1 outbreak US 2009-2010
2. Flint, Michigan Lead-Water concerns 2015-16
3. Salmonella outbreak 2008-2009
4. Zika Outbreak in Central and South America 2015-16
5. US measles outbreak 1989-1991
6. Ebola outbreak in West Africa, and global response 2013-Present