Portfolio Project – Part 1
Please address the following 10 questions for Part 1:
- Identify three major countries with which your chosen company operates. Preferably, the three countries are in different continents.
- Are these three countries members of the IMF, the World Bank, and WTO?
- Do you believe that these three countries actively follow guidelines of these three major international institutions?
- Compare the institutional structure of these three countries to determine if they promote globalization, i.e., (a) are their political institutions transparent and (b) do they have a functioning judiciary system?
- Do you believe that the three countries under consideration practice policies that promote globalization? For example, what are those countriesâ€™ policies toward (a) governance, (b) competitive markets, (c) property rights, and (d) corruption?
- Determine whether your company is a producer of goods or services. What are the major products and/ or services provided by your company? Are those outputs sold only domestically or are they also exported?
- Do these products and services face tariff or non-tariff barriers in the target export markets? What are the tariff rates or non-tariff barriers imposed on these items?
- Identify regional trading blocs with which your chosen company operates as well as the benefits that your company gains because it is part of those trading blocs.
- Would your company be better off under a system of multilateral trade liberalization like the WTO, or with bilateral or regional trading blocs?
- If you were visiting a foreign country to negotiate a transaction on behalf of this company, what cultural knowledge would you need to gain before the visit? How and from where would you get the information?
- You have the option of answering each question individually or in essay format, as will be required in your final report in Week 7.
- In your responses, make certain that you include references from search engines below or from scholarly sources from the APUS Online Library.
- Turnitin is not required for Part 1. Your compiled report in Week 7 will be submitted to Turnitin.
- In the Assignment dropbox, please attach your paper as a file, do not copy & paste. I will grade and return your file.
Gather your data from sources such as company annual reports; agencies like Standard & Poorâ€™s, Moodyâ€™s, and Value Line; or any of the following websites: