Before answering questions below you have to read:
Nurith Gertz-Khleifi, Palestinian Cinema: pp. 171-189 so you can find it on the attachment.
Describe the film storyline
- 1) What are the main genres and themes that figure in this film? Give examples.
- 2) To what extent does symbolism play role in this film? Give examples.
- 3) How does the film deal with Palestinian identity?
- 4) What are the main features of Palestinian culture, social classes, or tradition?
- 5) What does the film tell us about Arab (Palestinian) society, such as gender issues (men- women relations)?
- 6) How does the film deal with politics?