The discussion assignment provides a forum for discussing relevant topics for this week based on the course competencies covered.
To support your work, use your course and text readings (Hitt, M.,Ireland, R., and Hoskisson, R. (2011). Strategic Management: Competitiveness and Globalization. [Vital Source digital version]. Mason, OH: South-Western Cengage Learning) and also use outside sources. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Organizational Structure and Strategic Leadership
The business firm is no longer just a place where people come to work. For most of the employees, the firm confers on them that sense of belonging and identity—the firm has become their “village”, their community. The business firm of the twenty-first century is not just a hierarchy, which ensures maximum efficiency and profit; it is also the community where people belong to and grow together—where their affective and innovative needs are met (Lim, Griffiths, & Sambrook, 2010).
Lim, M., Griffiths G., & Sambrook, S. (2010). Organizational structure. Mind
Map Route. Retrieved from http://www.mindmap.0rg.pl/?mindmap=
Discuss the following questions in relation to organizational structure and strategic leadership:
- How important it is to be able to identify and distinguish between the organizational structures used to implement business-level, corporate-level, and international strategies? Give examples of various organizational structures and how they are used to develop strategies.
- What is the relationship between organizational structure and organizational controls? Are they always interrelated? What will happen to a company’s competitive advantage if one or the other isn’t in place?
- What are the attributes of an effective strategic leader? Discuss the value that person brings to the strategic management process.
To recap what the requirements are:
1. Use the textbook that is listed
2. In-Text Citations for any information used from a source even if paraphrased in own words
3. Use APA Format for In-Text Citations and Reference List
4. Reference List and In-Text Citations must match each other
5. Use the provided APA Level Headings
6. Must be plagiarism free
7. Any additional sources must be academic sources (no wiki source).
8. All parts of the assignment must be answered and explained fully.